Our Trees Still Grow in Dehra

 Note: This is not a book review.




This is the book that introduced me to the writing of Ruskin Bond. And believe me, I was not a kid then. I was in my late twenties, completed my postgraduation in English Literature, and haven't read Ruskin Bond 

Once, while visiting a bookshop, I came across this book. The title was very fascinating (I usually buy books fascinated by their titles). After a few days, when I read the book, I was completely mesmerized by the words. I had read only 5-6 pages, and already made a list of books by Ruskin Bond. And since then, there is no full stop. Now I am one of the biggest fans of Ruskin Bond. I have read more than 100 of his books. I have a special corner in my room for his books. I even once traveled to Landour just to meet him, and that is completely a different long story. Just three months after meeting him, I wrote a birthday wish to him, and was selected in the top 15, and so got his just-released autographed book.

And all this happened because I selected this book among the thousands of others in that bookshop. So, this book is very special to me. 

(23rd March 2020)


-Ekta Kubba

Comments